Monday, April 21, 2008

A month of science, the Southwest, and stitches

Hi there. It's been a month. Well I've been busy. I was working like mad to get ready for a meeting. Exciting times at our apartment.


But then I got to go to Santa Fe.

Isn't it cute? That above is the plaza. In the plaza we saw a medicine man.


Ok so it's not the best picture. But there was a guy in the plaza dressed head to toe in fur, and people kept calling him "doc". I was taking a covert camera phone shot, so this is the best I could do. Also it snowed.


And my hotel had really good rocks in the shower.


And I got to eat some migas.


Also I've been knitting after a brief hiatus.
I finished Bartholomew's socks from Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters. You all need this book, by the way.


Then I started Veli of Leaves, from the same book.

And I even made 1.5 Noro scarves!













Also I decided that my position on Iraq is that we should leave ASAP. So ignore that previous post.

Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been so BUSY!
1) I can't believe your wearing a sweater in that photo. I am currently wearing flip-flops. How does 400 miles make that much of a different?

2) I miss NM. But you know that. Mmm that breakfast looks goooood.

3) Those socks are freakin' awesome.

4) I'm intrigued by your Iraq switch. Why the change?

Invis said...

1) That photo was probably 3 weeks ago. It was colder then. Now it's 65.

2) It was an absolutely delicious breakfast.

3) Thanks! I can't stop wearing them.

4) I think it was what B. said about feeding teenagers to the war machine, and also that movie, Why We Fight.

Anonymous said...

I need to see Why We Fight. I certainly don't think we should be there right now, but I wonder what will happen without any allied forces. Although maybe it'll just cause the Iraqi government to step the hell up and act like they're in control!