Thursday, February 14, 2008

Back to knitting and its accessories

Ok enough conspiracies. Let's talk uteruses.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's an action shot.


Uterus Stitch Markers. I can't stand it. From ashleigh on etsy. She has more uterus items, also she has an affinity for carrots, horns, and boobies. I just looked up affinity, and it might not mean what I think it means. Let's just say she likes them.

Here's another action shot.

See those little blue stitch markers? They're hard to see, because no uteruses are attached. Boring.

But before I get distracted with Boris action shots, let's look at how Ashleigh sent the uteruses.


When was the last time you got a package with some hand drawn awesomeness on it? I'm speechless.

Here's a tip I got from some sassy lawyer ladies at my knitting group. If you shop at sephora.com, and you spend a lot of money, they give you free shipping. And let's face it, you're going to spend a lot of money anyway, and you don't have time to go all the way over there until next weekend, and they can ship it to you before that, and they are probably out of whatever you need at the B&M store, and you'd rather do something else next weekend anyway. But the really cool thing, and the reason I even brought this up, is that you can choose to add a gift bag for free!






And it's the perfect size for socks. And if you order a lot of stuff, they send you a bigger bag. Like for a scarf, or maybe even a sweater. So go gift bag yourself.




And as long as I'm promoting things today, you should be listening to Rilo Kiley, if you aren't already. Warning: I don't know what is up with that website, it's a littly crazy. But their music is great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, oh my god. There are just so many things to comment on, I don't know where to begin... The uteruses. They may be the best ever. And that PACKAGING! So fabulous. (sidenote: I voted for "uteruses" because it's more fun than the grammatically correct "uteri." Why is "octopuses" correct but not "uteruses?" Oh well). Ok second - your Sephora hints are brilliance. The Pentagon City one is often out of what I need. Military conspiracy? Maybe. Disappointing? Fo' sho. Gift bags = awesome. Lastly, I agree about Rilo Kiley. But any band featuring Jenny Lewis has to be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to reinforce that the girl giving her heart to a giant squid is just SO good. She should send that to Threadless so I can order a t-shirt.

Anonymous said...

Um. WOW. Uteruses. What about UterYOUs? Or UterMEs for that matter. No, not utermes, mine needs a break. But seriously, wow.

p.s. apparently pregnancy makes me articulate and eloquent in a way that few can appreciate...or understand.

Invis said...

I don't think it's the pregnancy. I think it's you. And I get it. ;)

Invis said...

Dangit, it wouldn't let me change the poll because people already voted. I had to make a whole new one. Stupid software.

Anonymous said...

I was just shopping for kitting things that I don't need, and these stash bags are *exactly* like the Sephora ones!