Thursday, January 24, 2008

Handspun headband (say that 5 times fast)


new headband
Originally uploaded by k a t m
I have found my new favorite knitting project. Calorimetry from knitty. It's fast, easy, provides serious instant gratification, and it keeps your ears warm. And even though it goes over your hair, it somehow does not squash your hair like a hat does! I may never wear a hat agian.

This is the second calorimetry I've made, and the first project I've made with my own handspun yarn! In fact this yarn is the first yarn I ever spun, not counting the little bit of roving that I butchered at a friend's house when she was teaching me the basics. I think I will be giving a lot of these puppies away because I see many of them in my knitting future.

Also I need a button.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a button is certainly in order. Hooray that you used your handspun yarn! I counted 3 (three!!) ladies wearing these last night at the Ween show. You are super-hip.

Invis said...

If you don't make one yourself, you might find one in your mailbox. But you should make one!